09 May 2006

Grocery Game

I am a penny pincher. I am frugal. Some would call me cheap.

Before February of this year I shopped for groceries and price matched at WalMart. I used coupons. I used store brands for most products. My average grocery bill, since October 2003, has been $498.38 per month. (Did I mention I'm also compulsive?)

What happened in February 2006 you might ask? I discovered The Grocery Game.

I am addicted now. The website helps you match coupons to a store's rock bottom prices to get items for the best deal. My pantry and fridge are now overflowing with cereal, granola bars, snacks, yogurt, condiments, etc. My linen closet is lined with reserve deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, bandaids, etc. It's really quite insane.

Best part of all....
March grocery bill $335.65
April grocery bill $366.19

I can hardly wait to see May's bill.

The service does cost a bit. I pay $1.88 per week to see two stores' lists. It is well worth it to me. If you're lucky enough to have a Walgreens nearby, their list is free to use. It's a great way to get a feel for how the game works. The game also offers a trial period to every store available in your area for only $1 for four weeks. What a steal!

See what other sites have to say....
CNN Money
MSNBC
ABC 7 Chicago

I invite you to start saving the coupons from each Sunday's paper and check out the website. If you do, please put me down as the friend who referred you. Happy Gaming!

www.grocerygame.com

2 comments:

MommaKim said...

Only in the USA---aaarrrrg! It sounds like such an awesome thing. Darn 10 times bigger population :(

Kim said...

You are my hero.
lol